(Other Panels at end of this page)
The Balbriggan church contains two of Harry Clarke’s windows that are considered to be among his finest: the visitation and the widow’s son. The original commission for the windows came from Canon Byrne of Balbriggan. The windows were finally erected later in 1924 at a cost of £116 (Bowe: 1994). Both windows were designed and executed by Harry Clarke.
Bowe, N. Gordon, The Life and Times of Harry Clarke, Irish Academic Press, Dublin, 1994
Photos Michael Cullen 2009 and Text by Lucy Costigan 2009