On 27th April 1927, a large three-light window was commissioned by R. F. Brooks of Castleknock for the Church of Ireland. The window commemorates members of the Brooks family who were involved in the military, in hunting and in the arts. The window depicts Saints George, Hubert and Luke. The window originally cost £270 (Bowe: 1994). The three tracery lights depict motifs from the cosmos.
The top panel of the first light depicts an angel dressed in pale blue and yellow robes, holding an insignia of the St. George’s cross. In the main panels, Saint George, the patron saint of soldiers, is depicted.
The lower panel portrays Saint George rescuing a maiden from a dragon.
The top panel of the second light depicts an angel in pale yellow robes, holding a coat of arms with a stag’s head and cross. The main panels of the second light depict Saint Hubert dressed in medieval style garb. A large grey hound stands by his side. The lower panel depicts the dramatic event in Hubert’s life when he meets a stag with a crucifix between its antlers, a reminith a large greyhound portrayed sitting behind him.
The top of the third light depicts an angel in ivory, blue and peach robes. The main panels depict Saint Luke, Greek physician and author of the third gospel. The lower panel depicts the legend that Saint Luke once painted a picture of the Blessed Virgin Mary.
Bowe, N. Gordon, The Life and Work of Harry Clarke, Irish Academic Press, 1994