Church of St. John the Evangelist, Gilford, Castle Hill-- Two windows at the Church of St. John the Evangelist in Gilford were recently discovered to be by Harry Clarke. The windows are: St. Catherine of Siena (1922)

Church of St. John the Evangelist, Gilford, Castle Hill

view
Our Lady of Lourdes and St. Bernadette
Number of Windows:
2
Number of Lights:
1
Date:
1929
Both windows were created bythe Studios, and that Harry Clarke was personally involved in the work on both windows (Gilford website).
Contact Info:
Google Maps Link
Church of St. John the Evangelist, Gilford, Castle Hill, N. Ireland
2
Our Lady of Lourdes and St. Bernadette


Click Here for other Saints in St. Johns in Gilford
The single light window depicting Our Lady of Lourdes and St. Bernadette is dedicated to William Gourley's two sisters, Katherine Gourley and Jane Gourley Boyle. The window was commissioned by William B. Gourley of New Jersey (Gilford website).
Bernadette is depicted kneeling before Mary, dressed in simple garb. Mary stands before her, adorned in magnificent blue and white robes, radiating energy and light. The lower panel depicts Bernadette surrounded by the the sick and infirm who have gathered at the church in Lourdes. The window is also decorated with tiny, colourful flowers. The inscription on the lower panel reads:
In loving memory of Katherine Gourley 1853-1928
And Jane Gourley Boyle 1858-1914

References
Website:
Gilford, Co. Down: Click here

Photos Michael Cullen 2009 and Text by Lucy Costigan 2009